AbstractIt is known that NO is a ubiquitous mediator which acts as a universal modulator of various functions in organism and is produced by three isoforms of NO synthase. Nowadays the role of NO in the development of autoimmune diseases is actively studied. However, it remains unclear the biochemical and biophysical mechanisms of disturbances of NOS activity in blood lymphocytes at autoimmune process. The aim of present work is to study the kinetic properties of NO-synthase of peripheral blood lymphocytes of patients with rheumatic pathology. The study was carried out on peripheral blood lymphocytes isolated from patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. NOS activity was determined on the saponin-permeabilized blood lymphocytes. The difference between the values of NADPH oxidation with L-Arg and with inhibitor L-NAME reflects the value of the NADPH oxidation, ie total NOS activity. The kinetic properties of NO-synthase in peripheral blood lymphocytes of patients with rheumatic pathology were studied. It was found that the development of rheumatic pathology is associated with an imbalance in the NO synthesis and changes of kinetic parameters of NOS. It was shown that reduction in eNOS activity is accompanied by a sharp increase in activity of its inducible form. It was established that inhibition of eNOS occurs by noncompetitive type. NO production in lymphocytes of patients with rheumatic diseases is mainly realized by iNOS, whereas under normal physiological conditions endothelial form of the enzyme is being involved.
Download data is not yet available.
- Gurin AV. The functional role of nitric oxide in the central nervous system. Successes of physiological Sciences. 1997;28(1):53–60.
- Markov HM. Nitrogen oxides and carbon oxide as a new class of signaling molecules. Successes of physiological Sciences. 1996;27(4):30–43.
- Griffith O, Stuehr D. NO-synthases: properties and catalytic mechanism. Ann Rev Physiol. 1995;57:707–736.
- Kostogryz VB, Turovskaya TV. Peculiarietis of nitric oxide metabolism in patients with chronic heart failure of ischemic etiology with an implanted pacemaker: possible drug correction by beta-adrenoceptor blockers. Ukrainian Medical Journal. 2010;5(79):81–84.
- Tse WY, Williams J, Pall A, Wilkes M, Savage CO, Adu D. Antineutrophil cytoplasm antibody-induced neutrophil nitric oxide production is nitric oxide synthase independent. Kidney Int. 2001 Feb; 59(2):593–600.
- Korhonen R, Lahti A, Kankaanranta H, Moilanen E. Nitric oxide production and signaling in inflammation. Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy. 2005 Aug;4(4):471–479.
- Mannick JB. Immunoregulatory and antimicrobial effects of nitrogen oxides. Proc Am Thorac Soc. 2006 Apr; 3(2):161–165.
- Loveless MO, Phillips CR, Giraud GD, Holden WE. Decreased exhaled nitric oxide in subjects with HIV Infection. Thorax. 1997 Feb;52(2):185–186.
- Rolla G, Brussino L, Bertero MT, Colagrande P, Converso M, Bucca C, Polizzi S, Caligaris-Cappio F. Increased nitric oxide in exhaled air of patient with systemic lupus erythematoses. J Rheumatol. 1997 Jun;24(6):1066–1071.
- Bredt DS. Molecular characterization of nitric oxide synthase. In: Nitric oxide in the nevous system. Ed. Vincent SR. New York: Academic Press; 1995; 1–21.
- Garthwaite J. Neural nitric oxide signalling. Trends Neurosci. 1995;18(2):51–56.
- Sarih M, Souvannavong V, Adam A. Nitric oxide synthase induced macrophage death by apoptosis. Biochim Biophys Res Comm. 1993;193(3):503–507.
- Iefremova UP, Lychkovska NE, Fafula RV, Vorobets Z. Disturbances of metabolism of nitric oxide under rheumatoid arthritis and its correction. Journal of Lugansk university. 2012;17:52–58.
- Boyum A. Isolation of mononuclear cells and granulocytes from human blood. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 1968;21(97):77–79.
- Mishell BB, Shiigi SM, Freeman WH. Selected Methods in Cellular Immunology. WH. Freeman and Company, San Francisko; 1980; 486.
- Kocheshkova NS, Vorobets ZD. Eosin-sensitive ATPase activity in spermatozoa of men as a biochemical test for oligozoospermia. Ukrainian Biochemical Journal. 2007;79(2):45–55.
- Kimakovich OV, Pidkovka NO, Vorobets ZD. Action of kvamatel and pirenzepine on transport ATPase activity of peripheral blood lymphocytes. Practical Medicine. 2004;10(2):86–89.
- Lowry OH, Rosebrough NJ, Farr AL. Protein measurement with the Folin phenolreagent. J Biol Chem. 1951;193:265–275.
- Sybirna NO, Maevska OM, Barska ML. Investigation of some biochemical parameters under oxidative stress condition. Lviv: Vydav. Centr Ivana Franka; 2006; 60.
- Sagach B, Prisyajna O, Tkachenko M. Effect of L-arginine on endothelial functional activity in experimental diabetes. Physiological Journal. 2005;51(2):3–7.
- Kosterin SA, Burchinskaya NF. Method for determination of kinetic parameters of Ca2+-transporting systems of subcellular structures of smooth muscle. Ukrainian Biochemical Journal. 1987;59(2):66–69.
- Keleti T. Fundamentals of enzyme kinetics. Moscow: Mir; 1990; 350.
- Dmitrenko NP, Kyshko TO, Shandrenko HS. Arginine: biological action, effect on nitric oxide synthesis. Ukrainian chemotherapeutic Journal. 2008;1–2(22):137–140.
- Morris CR, Morris SM Jr, Hagar W, Van Warmerdam J, Claster S, Kepka-Lenhart D et al. Arginine therapy: a new treatment for pulmonary hypertension in sickle cell disease? Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2003 Jul 1;168:63–69.
- Popovic PJ, Zeh HJ, Ochoa JB. Arginine and Immunity. The J of Nutr. 2007;137:1687–1692.
- Boger RH. The pharmacodynamics of L-arginine. J Nutr. 2007 Jun; 137:1650–1655.
- Chatterjee S, Premachandran S, Bagewadikar RS, Bhattacharya S, Chattopadhyay S, Poduval TB. Arginine metabolic pathways determine its therapeutic benefit in experimental heatstroke: role of Th1/Th2 cytokine balance. Nitric Oxide. 2006;15:408–416.
- Morris SMJr. Enzymes of arginine metabolism. J Nutr 2004;134(10):2743–47.
- Mori M, Gotoh T. Regulation of nitric oxide production by arginine metabolic enzymes. Biochem Bioph Res Commun. 2000 Sep 7;275:715–719.
- Shlykov SG, Babich LG, Kosterin SA. The suspension of smooth muscle cells treated with digitonin solution, as a model for studying the calcium pump of the endoplasmic reticulum of myometrium. Biochemistry. 1997;62(12):1666–1671.
- Pidkovka NO, Vorobets ZD, Zimenkovsky AB. Study of some properties of ATPase in human blood lymphocytes. Experimental and clinical physiology and biochemistry. 2002;7(1):38–41.
- Fafula RV, Efremova UP, Lychkovska NE, Melnyk OV, Vorobets ZD, Kulachkovskuy OR. The methodological approach to the study of enzymatic spectrum lymphocytes at pathological conditions using detergent saponin (ultrastructural study). Bulletin of the problems of biology and medicine 2012;1(96):163–166.