AbstractIntroduction. Highly important is to regenerate the inflammatory destructive processes of bone tissue outside the apical area of the tooth that would optimize reparative bone formation, mineralization of tooth tissues, restoration of periodontal function and stability of tooth to occlusive loads, especially with acquired extensive root apex. Low efficiency of endodontic treatment led to the searching of the new osteotropic drugs of osteoconductive action and biorevitalization to stimulate the repairing and regeneration of tissues outside the apical area and dense obturation of the apex of the tooth root.
Aim. of our research was to determine the dynamics of reparative processes in the bone tissue under the influence of drugs and compositions for endodontic treatment based on an analysis of indicators of a mineral metabolism, marker enzymes and an activity of antioxidant system and lipid peroxidation.
Material and Methods. An experiment was conducted on 120 white rats. It was created a bone defect, which was filled with studied biomaterials or left with a blood clot. From the experiment the rats were taken out on 14 and 90 day. In homogenates of bone tissue it was examined the activity of lysosomal enzymes — alkaline (ALP) and acid (AP) phosphatases and the content of microelements — calcium and phosphorus. In the blood of rats it was studied the concentration of general protein, lipid peroxidation products — malonic dialdehyde (MDA) and the enzyme activity of antioxidant system — catalase (CAT) and superoxide dismutase (SOD).
Results and conclusions. Results of conducted experimental research of the effect of endodontic filling materials on the activity of the regeneration processes of bone tissue show that proposed compositions based on hydroxyapatite and beta-tricalcium phosphate, due to their osteoconductive and biorevitalization qualities, promote more active stimulation of bone tissue regeneration processes compared to generally accepted drugs.
Download data is not yet available.
- Bumeyster VI, Pogorelov MV. A modern view on reparative osteogenesis. The world of medicine and biology. 2008;4:104–110.
- Mytchenok OV, Lazar AD, Zhytaryuk LV. A modern view on conservative surgical treatment method of chronic periodontitis. Ukrainian Dental Almanac. 2013;2:94–97.
- Zubachyk VM, Han IV. Comparative evaluation of osteotropic action of endodontic filling materials on the model of experimental destruction of rats’ jaw bone tissue. Ukrainian Dental Almanac. 2016;1(2):12–16.
- Pilyayev AH, Yurovska IO, Kosareva LI. A study of the probability of a successful result of chronic periodontitis treatment in teeth with a destroyed apical aperture. Collection of Articles. 2013;17;1:313–315.
- Dvulit IP. Reasoning of an impact of mouthwashes based on bioflavonoids of citrus on condition of antioxidant-prooxidant systems of gums and blood serum of rats with experimental periodontitis. Achievements of Clinical and Experimental Medicine. 2015;1:51–53.
- Rublenko MV, Semenyak SA, Ulyanchych NV. The dynamics of reparative osteogenesis biomarkers in case of a bone defect substitution. Scientific Journal LNUVMBT named after SZ. Gzhytsky. 2014. 16;3(60):278—294.
- Lysenko OS, Levitsky AP, Borisenko AV. Osteostimulating activity of osteotropic compositions on the basis of nanostructured bioceramics. Journal of Dentistry. 2014;1:2–8.
- Luzin VI, Ivchenko VK, Ivchenko AV. Chemical composition features of the regenerate of metadiaphyseal defects filled with materials based on biogenic hydroxyapatite. Ortopedia, Traumatologia, Rehabilitacja. 2005;7(1):69.
- Sculean A, Nikolidakis D, Nikou G, Ivanovic A, Chapple IL, Stavropoulos A. Biomaterials for promoting periodontal regeneration in human intrabony defects: a systematic review. Periodontol 2000. 2015 Jun;68(1):182–216.
- Panasiuk MT, Tymochko MF. The value of lipid peroxidation in normal and in case of adaptation to experimental influences. Experimental and Clinical Physiology and Biochemistry. 1997;2:92–100.
- Denga OV, Tsevuh DB, Levitsky AP. Biochemical indicators of tissues around teeth in experimental periodontitis therapy. Journal of Dentistry. 2007;4:40–45.
- Fedirko HV. The dynamics of indicators of lipid peroxidation and antioxidant protection of bone tissue in animals with hypokinetic osteoporosis and polyinjury. Journal of Problems of Biology and Medicine. 2013;1(98):156—158.
- Lubchenco OV. Comparative evaluation of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of filling cements "Retapeks" and "Pro Root MTA" on the model of experimental periodontitis. Journal of Dentistry. 2011;2;5–9.
- Palamarchuk SI, Borisenko AV. Osteostimulating composition for regeneration of alveolar bone in the experiment. Journal of Dentistry. 2012;2:10–15.
- Sousa C, Abreu H, Viegas. Serum total and bone alkaline phosphatase and tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase activities for the assessment of bone fracture healing in dogs. Arq Bras Med Vet Zootec. 2011;63;1007–1011.
- Jung-ju Kim, Hyun Young Song, Heithem Ben Amara, Kang Kyung-Rim† & Ki-Tae Koo. Hyaluronic Acid Improves Bone Formation in Extraction Sockets With Chronic Pathology: A Pilot Study in Dogs. Journal of Periodontology. Jul. 2016;87(7):790–795.