AbstractIntroduction. Chronic combined periodontal and periapical lesions have a negative impact on the human organism, since they are a source of intoxication and sensitization causing progression of infection, development of focal sequelae and secondary immunodeficiency. Problem of successful treatment of apical and marginal periodontitis is associated with a significant prevalence of these diseases, a complexity of medical procedures, a substantial proportion of failures and complications, and with a lack of long-term stability of gained results.
Aim. The aim of this work was to investigate clinical effectiveness of drug formulation with thiotriazoline and chloramphenicol in the integrated treatment of combined apical and marginal periodontitis.
Meterial and methods. The condition of oral cavity of the 65 patients with combined lesions of periodontal and endodontic tissues before and after treatment was studied. Outcomes measured were X-ray examination, probing depth, OHI-S, PMA, PI, SBI indices. The complex treatment has been worked out in the patients of main group and the ointment with thiotriazoline and chloramphenicol was introduced in the scheme of periodontal treatment
Results and conclusions. Results of applied treatment indicated to the acceleration of healing process, reduction of exudation period and decrease of exacerbations frequency in the patients of main group. Clinical experience also demonstrated positive dynamic in changes of periodontal indices after the conducted treatment.
Download data is not yet available.
- Volosovez TN, Mazur IP, Kabanchuk SV, Yunakova NN. Peculiarities of ethiology, pathogenesis, clinic and treatment of endo-perio lesions. Contemporary Dentistry. 2008;(4):9–14. (In Russian).
- Orechova LU, Kudryavzeva TV, Osipova VA, Barmasheva AA. The influence of combined lesions of endodontium and periodontium on the status oral cavity. Periodontoligy. 2004;2(31):8–14. (In Russian).
- Politun AM, Pavlyuk TD. Endo-perio lesions: pathogenesis, diagnostics, treatment tactics. Actual problems of therapeutic dentistry. 2006;(1):14–15. (In Ukrainian).
- Briseno B. Perio-endo lesions. Clinical dentistry. 2001;(2):24–29. (In Russian).
- Borysenko AV. Sepsis of oral cavity. Journal of practical doctor.2001;(1):8–11. (In Russian).
- Lukoyanova NS, Kozakova VV, Palenaya UV. Indices of endogenic intoxication in patients with chronic apical periodontitis. Clinical Endodontics. 2011;(2):7–9. (In Russian).
- Melnychuk GM, Rozhko MM, Neyko NV. Gingivitis, periodontitis, parodontosis: peculiarities of treatment: Educational applience. Ivano-Frankivsk; 2007. (In Ukrainian).
- Silverstein L, Shatz PC, Amato AL, Kurtzman D. A guaide to diagnosing and treating endodontic and periodontal lesions. Dent Today. 1998;17(4):112.
- Jansson LE. The influence of endodontic infection on periodontal status in mandibular molars. J Periodontol. 1998;69(12):1392–1396.
- Zubachyk V, Holeyko M, Vaschenko O. Biopharmaceutical evaluation of semi-solid preparation with thiotriazoline and chloramphenicol. Journal of Medical Science. 2014;4(83):277–281.
- Greene J, Vermillion J. The simplifiend oral hygeine index. J Amer Dent Ass. 1964;68(1):25.
- Mühlemann HR, Son S. Gingival sulcus bleeding – a leading symptom in initial gingivitis. Helw Odontal Acta. 1971;15(2):107–113.
- Massler M. The PMA index of gingivitis. J Dent Res. 1949;38(6):684.
- Russel AL. A system of classification and scoring for prevalence surveys of periodontal disease. J Dent Res. 1956;35(3):350–359.
- Khan S, Cabanilla LL. Periodontal probing depth measurement: a review. Compend Contin Educ Dent. 2009 Jan-Feb;30(1):12–4.