AbstractThe project entitled ”Proteomic and metabolomic strategy of searching for biomarkers of genital cancer diseases using mass spectrometry methods” is a study based on novel omics techniques. The main assumption of this research is the development of innovative model of searching of biomarkers in ovarian and prostate cancers using proteomics and metabolomics methodologies supported by bioinformatics analysis. The innovatory strategy based on the latest achievements in the field of mass spectrometry will allow for the implementation of the unique studies for discovery new biomarkers, which are useful in prediction, diagnosis and treatment of the genital cancers. To date, there is no comprehensive data including set of proteins and other endogenous compounds involved in the development and differentiation of these diseases. Therefore, the proposed approach may contribute to the discovery of biomarkers with high sensitivity and specificity, which will provide new information about genital cancers characterization.
Download data is not yet available.
- Prensner JR, Rubin MA, Wei JT, Chinnaiyan AM. Beyond PSA: the next generation of prostate cancer biomarkers. Sci Transl Med. 2012 Mar;4(127):127rv3.
- Romagnolo C, Leon AE, Fabricio ASC, Taborelli M, Polesel J, Del Pup L et al. HE4, CA125 and risk of ovarian malignancy algorithm (ROMA) as diagnostic tools for ovarian cancer in patients with a pelvic mass: An Italian multicenter study. Gynecol Oncol. 2016 May;141(2):303–11.
- Cuzick J, Thorat MA, Andriole G, Brawley OW, Brown PH, Culig Z et al. Prevention and early detection of prostate cancer. Lancet Oncol. 2014 Oct;15(11):e484–492.
- Das PM, Bast RC. Early detection of ovarian cancer. Biomark Med. 2008 Jun;2(3):291–303.
- Klupczynska A, Swiatly A, Hajduk J, Matysiak J, Dyszkiewicz W, Pawlak K et al. Identification of serum peptidome signatures of non-small cell lung cancer. Int J Mol Sci. 2016 Apr;17(4):410.
- Klupczynska A, Dereziński P, Dyszkiewicz W, Pawlak K, Kasprzyk M, Kokot ZJ. Evaluation of serum amino acid profiles’ utility in non-small cell lung cancer detection in Polish population. Lung Cancer. 2016 Oct;100:71–76.
- Sandanayake NS, Camuzeaux S, Sinclair J, Blyuss O, Andreola F, Chapman MH et al. Identification of potential serum peptide biomarkers of biliary tract cancer using MALDI MS profiling. BMC Clin Pathol. 2014 Feb;14(1):7.
- Mobasheri A, Henrotin Y. Biomarkers of (osteo)arthritis. Biomarkers. 2015 Nov;20(8):513–518.
- Harris VK, Sadiq SA. Biomarkers of therapeutic response in multiple sclerosis: current status. Mol Diagn Ther. 2014 Dec;18(6):605–617.